Friday, August 21, 2009

Day Five -- Flash Games

To be honest I have a little bit of an upset stomach tonight, so I'm just going to leave ya'll with my personal favorite top five flash games (because apparently I'm all about top five lists):


5. Addiction Solitaire

When I was a lone, solitary sales rep at Radio Shack, I could literally go several hours without ever seeing another human being. This game was what got me through without becoming completely homicidal. I originally knew this game as "Gaps" on an old Sierra card game my mother had on the PC when I was a kid. Definitely a fun time killer.

4. Zuma

This game always makes me think of Tarvis, Will, and my parents. In that order. Highly recommend you play this game with a mouse and not a touch pad, however. (Speaking from sad, sad experience.)

3. Gridlock

In case you were unaware of this fact, I am a complete puzzle nut. I adore puzzle games. Gridlock is all about trying to get a specific block off the board by moving all of the other pieces in a unilateral direction. When I was a kid it was a board game known as "Rush Hour."

2. Word Whomp

No list of time-killers would be complete without a word game, and this one is my favorite version of the lot. The basic premise is to take 6 letters generated by the game and find as many words you can make from those letters as you can in about a minute and forty-five seconds. Another good version is Text Twist.


And what is our favorite time-killer at Angel Cole's Work in Progress?


1. Bejeweled

A tried and true classic, nothing has sucked up endless hours for me quite like Bejeweled. One of the best and worst things that ever happened to me while working at the DTC was having this game on my phone. (Yes, that is what I did during performances. Your point?)


There you have it--five time-killers to make effective use of whenever you want to put off being productive. :-)

And if you want a truly, ahem, memorable experience, you can always try this game. (Sherri, I'm looking at you.)


"The nice thing about doing a crossword puzzle is, you know there is a solution."
--Stephen Sondheim

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Zuma. I certainly wasted many hours on that game freshman year... And no, definitely not a touchpad game (just ask Josh Dodd).

    Also, I had played "this game" before, but was amused to be reminded of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahaa......but no, I don't think I could ever do it again.

    ReplyDelete