Monday, September 13, 2010

An Experiment

I've decided that I want to try a new experiment. One of the blogs I follow likes to do read-thru's where they pick a book, and then go chapter by chapter and post their thoughts on it as they read. Lately, I've been having an urge to try something similar, so today I decided I'd give it a try.

We'll see how well this goes.

Having made this decision, I then had to choose a book to go through. I have a fairly limited audience (as far as I know), especially because I'm not a consistent blogger. With this in mind, I wanted to pick a book that most people would be familiar with, since I plan to talk about spoilers.

After some thought, I've decided I want to do this with the Harry Potter series. I think most of my friends have read this, and those who haven't have at least seen the movies. Of course, this will be discussing the books rather than the movies, and if people don't want spoilers for the last movie, I understand. Still, I feel that this will have the widest appeal.

Also, the last time I read through the whole series was in 2006 or 2007, leading up to the release of Deathly Hallows in July of '07. I figure this gives me a little bit of distance from the initial rush of "Oh my, the series is about to end!" and will allow me to think a tad more critically about the books in general.

So, feel free to come along with me on my ride, make your own comments if you so desire, and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment