Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pink

After yesterday's post with those adorable girls in their Easter fanciness, I was struck by the stark contrast between the subject matter and the dying autumn leaves:


Just a bit jarring, aye?

And so, I decided to tweak the background for the blog. I'd spent time looking through various templates, per Sherri's recommendation, but I actually like the layout of the blog as it is, I just wanted to change the background.

I started thumbing through some of the pictures I've taken in the past month of the arrival of spring. Roses, irises, trees, kitties, lettuce, sunsets.... I had plenty of pretty items to choose from. Eventually I opted for this picture, which had previously served as my desktop wallpaper:


I did a little bit of fiddling, and that's how we wound up with the very girly background. (Yes, my inner sixteen-year-old is not impressed.) Of course, once that was done, I needed to change the font colors and so forth so that it all complimented one another. Because I'm thorough like that.

Spring has finally arrived at my work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment