Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day Thirty-Four--Techie's Break-through

So, I've officially decided that I'm just not going to do the blog on Thursdays. Sam and I decided at the beginning of the school year that he wouldn't take any gigs and I wouldn't do any overtime on Thursdays so we could spend that night together each week. It's a wonderful idea, and it gives us both something to look forward to all week. However, it means I'm caught in loop of guilty, either because I'm blogging when I'm supposed to be spending that time with Sam, or I'm not blogging when I said I would try to do it every day.

As I am a naturally tense person, I thought I'd remove one stress from my life and arbitrarily declare Thursday No-Blog Day. If I manage to blog on a Thursday, great, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Last night I have no excuse for not blogging, aside from the fact that I got home from work, had a sandwich, and went straight to bed. Sam and I didn't get up this morning until a little after ten. (This resulted in my getting well over twelve hours of sleep-much, much needed!)

Now, with all of that out of the way, I wanted to brag on my cat a little bit.

When I adopted Techie from the SPCA in Dallas, they advised me that he was what they termed a "Halloween Cat." As I'm sure you've noticed from previous pictures, Techie is an all black kitty. When he was originally adopted, it was right around Halloween, and the boys he was living with would tease and abuse him to make him arch his back and puff up like the traditional Halloween cat.

Yeah, it's a good thing I never found out who had him first.

Anyways, as a result of this Techie has always been a very shy and reserved cat. He enjoys affection, but he'll only let people he's been around a lot touch him, and he refuses to sit in anyone's lap. He'll lay down next to you, but that's it.

That is, until Thursday night.

I was sitting in my brand new chair, when I heard Techie meowing next to me. I reached down and petted him, then went back to what I was doing. Next thing I know, Techie has jumped up onto the arm of the chair, and then proceeds to lay down in my lap as if it's no big deal.

I'm fairly sure my heart skipped a couple of beats at that point.

For the next thirty minutes I proceeded to give Techie a very thorough petting and vigorous ear scratching. It makes me very, very happy!


"There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat."
--Tay Hohoff

1 comment:

  1. http://photos1.blogger.com/photoInclude/blogger/7356/3408/1600/Get%20Fuzzy%202.jpg

    ReplyDelete