Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day Thirty -- What Month is It?

Occasionally someone will call in at work that I just cannot help but feel sorry for. Typically because I've been in that person's shoes. Sometimes it is because they're going through a loss in the family, they've lost their job, their house was broken into, etc.

And then there was today's call.

Not long before I was to go home for the night, this lady calls in to tell me that we "need to give her more time to pay her bill and to waive the late fees, because she just got her bill today and her bill was due on the 29th!"

"Ma'am," I say, "today is the 15th. The 29th is still two weeks away."

There's a few moments of silence, and then the woman starts laughing.

"It's been that sort of a month. I saw the due date and had it in my head it was October already."

Admit it, folks. We've all been there.


"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
--Douglas Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment