Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day Thirty-Six--I Won't Grow Up....

My running joke at work is that I am five years old.

Allow me to give you an example.

A typical Saturday at work will have me wearing one of my Looney Tunes t-shirts with my hair in braided pigtails. I will sit at my desk and in between calls I will color in my coloring book (working on Veggie Tales currently) or read a book if it's really slow. My usual lunch will consist of either a bowl of Sketti O's, a grilled cheese sandwich, or a corn dog with French fries. Finally, I have a collection of small rubber ducks set up all around my desk, because one of the ladies at work sells them and people like to buy them for me.

One of these days I may even learn to tie my shoes!


"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations."
--Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment