Friday, January 14, 2011

If it wasn't for this...

I mentioned yesterday that my front yard had sprung a leak.

I know, it sounds as humorous to me as it does to you.

The land lady finally got the city out to look a the main sometime around four. They could definitely tell that there was some type of leak, as the dial on the meter was spinning like crazy but I had no water running in the house. Because the leak appeared to be more than three feet away from the street, it was not the city's responsibility.

So we told him to go ahead and turn water off to the house, otherwise there'd be an astronomical water bill to take care of.

Our landlady called a few people to come and take a look at things, and they quickly determined the leak was somewhere in the vicinity of the sidewalk leading up to the house. They were able to push a post down three feet with relative ease in that area. They also discovered that it was old galvanized pipe in the ground, instead of PVC.

Sometime this evening a couple of guys are going to be over to start digging up the line, and hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we can have the water turned back on.

Needless to say, I'll probably be out of communication the next couple of days, especially since my parents are visiting.

See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment